Probiotics seem to be all over the drugstore and grocery store aisles, the new hot item. But what are probiotics and why should your family be taking them? Here are 5 things you should know about probiotics:
- Probiotics are living microorganisms found in healthy digestive tracts. They help maintain the balance of “good” and “bad” bacteria in the gut.
- Probiotics promote digestive health and build immunity*. Some studies show they may also ease colic and reduce the incidence of eczema in kids.*
- Probiotics are meant to be taken on a regular basis, often daily, and work best over time.
- Foods rich in probiotics include yogurt and kefir. Probiotic supplements are also available in the form of liquid drops for infants. Mommy’s Bliss probiotic drops and Mommy’s Bliss probiotic drops + vitamin D are great everyday options and Mommy’s Bliss probiotic drops 15 day boost is a great way to replenish beneficial bacteria and may help with occasional diarrhea.
- Bananas, strawberries and oatmeal are all rich in prebiotics, which act like food for probiotics. Eating these foods may encourage the growth of probiotics.
Looking for Digestive Health Boosters?
Mommy’s Bliss Everyday Probiotic Drops promote digestive health and support immune function. They may also help with occasional gas, diarrhea, and constipation. In addition to the benefits of our Everyday Probiotic Drops, Mommy’s Bliss Probiotic Drops + Vitamin D provide 400 IU of vitamin D. To replenish beneficial bacteria and help with occasional diarrhea, try our Mommy’s Bliss Probiotic Drops 15 Day Boost!