Starting your baby on solids can be a very exciting milestone, but sometimes this change to baby’s diet can lead to constipation. The first step in bring baby some relief is recognizing that they are constipated. While constipation is often thought of as the complete absence of stool, baby may also be constipated if their poop is small and hard or if they are straining when passing stool.
- If baby is constipated here a few things you can try to bring them some relief:
- Feed them fruits like pears, peaches, plums and prunes or vegetables like broccoli and brussels sprouts.
- Increase breast milk or formula. Talk with your child’s pediatrician about offering small amounts of water or diluted fruit juice.
- Try bicycling their legs or gentle massage to help.
- Mommy’s Bliss Constipation Ease is a safe & effective all natural liquid herbal supplement used to promote regular bowel movements and ease occasional constipation.
Always consult your child’s pediatrician with any concerns.