[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]As a mom of 4 kiddos, Aliana 8, Sophia 6, Mateo 21 months, and Lucas 3 months, it can be very challenging to eat and feed the right foods to my family. I have always enjoyed eating whole foods since I was a little girl. Living and being raised in Ecuador left me with no choice but to eat what we grew and raised. I appreciate food so much. Eating clean is so important to me for several reasons. I feel great and have the energy my family needs from me. I have come to the conclusion that my way of eating affects how I feel physically and emotionally, and for that reason I focus on eating fresh and whole foods. To me clean eating is about eating whole foods such as veggies, fruits, nuts, oils, whole grain and animal and plant based proteins.
Here are my 10 quick little tips for healthy eating:
- Eat breakfast everyday.
- Include some protein, carbohydrates, and fats at every meal.
- Focus on healthy fats such as VOO, nuts and fish.
- Choose whole grains instead of refined.
- If you can not grow it or raise it….don’t eat it.
- Drink lots of water.
- Eat lots of fresh fruits and veggies for fiber, vitamins, nutrients and enzymes.
- Always be prepared with a lunch bag to go that contains clean foods (nuts, berries, carrots, cucumbers, protein). This is what has worked for me and my kids.
- Have your fruits and veggies ready to grab and eat. Also make them very visible in your kitchen.
- Ditch the diets and just change your habits.
Quick salad ingredients to have ready in your kitchen:
- Mini cucumbers
- Romaine lettuce
- Cherry tomatoes
- Rotisserie Chicken or chicken breast
- Beets (these are my fave)
- Apple cider vinegar (best salad dressing )
- Virgin olive oil
Favorite Fruits to Have on Hand
- Melons all cut and ready to eat ( my kids love watermelon)
- Oranges/ tangerines
I find that having these groceries at home hugely benefit my family and I. The kids love them and are also able to get most of these foods ready for themselves.
Easy Greek Salad
- 1 can of organic chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
- 2 cups of chopped lettuce
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups of chopped cucumbers
- 1/2 cup of red onions
- 1/2 cup sliced kalamata olives
- 1/2 or a full cup of feta cheese
- Fresh chopped parsley
You can add your favorite Greek dressing or, like me simply use EVOO, apple cider vinegar and some fresh lemon juice with a pinch of salt and pepper[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]