[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]When your baby has gas buildup, colic, or abdominal discomfort it can be a very difficult time for baby and parents. Crying, lack of sleep and the overall discomfort that gas and colic bring can have parents desperate to find some relief for baby. Luckily there is Gripe Water, a tried and tested remedy for fussy babies, effective for relieving discomfit caused by colic, hiccups, and other issues related to stomach discomfort.
What is Gripe Water?
Gripe water is a time-tested approach to ease infant’s symptoms of gas, colic, hiccups and fussiness. Mommy’s Bliss Gripe Water contains fennel seed, and ginger root, which are historically known to ease the nausea and discomfort caused by stomach gas and other colic symptoms. Mothers have used many variations of gripe water for generations, with today’s products focusing on quality natural ingredients.
Is Gripe Water Safe?
Gripe water is made with many natural ingredients to ensure it is safe for your baby, made of various mixes of herbs that make it incredibly mild for an infant digestive system. Mild enough for a baby’s developing digestive system, yet effective enough to bring peace and quiet to the home.
Mommy’s Bliss Gripe Water is made with safe & effective ingredients and doesn’t have gluten, alcohol, dairy, soy or parabens.
What is Gripe Water Used For?
As their internal organs are still developing, infants often will experience gas buildup. This discomfort often leads to babies crying for extended periods of time, as they cannot relieve themselves of the pressure from gas buildup.
This internal discomfort can be caused by several factors, colic, for example. If your infant is crying for at least three hours a day three or more times a week, he or she might have colic.
Prolonged hiccups can cause discomfort as the muscles in the abdomen contract quickly and repeatedly. One potential cause of hiccups is taking in too much air while feeding too quickly.
Using gripe water for babies and newborns helps to relieve gas pressure and the buildup of air that causes hiccups; a common cause of internal discomfort for infants up to six months of age.
What Does Gripe Water Do?
Gripe water helps to relieve gas that causes many different issues with your newborn. With the blend of herbal ingredients, gripe water is mild enough to be safe for newborns and infants, while effective enough to address the many problems babies face in the first six months of life.
Several issues gripe water can be used for including:
By settling the stomach of gas buildup in infants, gripe water addresses the symptoms associated with all the above issues—the buildup of gas in the abdomen.
What is Gripe Water Made Of?
Gripe water is a mixture of natural herbal ingredients. While many traditional gripe water recipes have existed over the years, many variations use ginger as a main ingredient.
Mommy’s Bliss Gripe Water contains organic herbal ingredients, such as ginger and fennel, which work together to calm hiccups, soothe upset tummies and help ease the symptoms of colic quickly. Made with natural herbal ingredients, it doesn’t contain any gluten, alcohol, dairy, soy or parabens.
How Does Gripe Water Work?
Mommy’s Bliss Gripe Water is a gentle, effective and supplement that offers relief to babies who suffer from gas, colic, hiccups, or general fussiness. Gripe water helps to settle the stomach by relieving gas buildup. Gripe water contains fennel, ginger, which are historically known to ease the nausea and discomfort caused by stomach gas.
How Do You Use Gripe Water?
Mommy’s Bliss Gripe Water has been known to work in as little as five minutes after it is administered. Most babies will need gripe water after feedings, when they get gassy from eating too fast or from gulping in air while feeding. It is a good idea to wait 30 minutes after a feeding to administer Gripe Water, as this allows time for food to digest.
How Do You Use Gripe Water?
Gripe water comes in liquid form that is fed directly to your baby. To avoid diluting the solution—thus hindering its effectiveness—gripe water should be applied by dropper into your baby’s mouth or in an empty bottle.
Gripe water serving size is important to consider. The serving you use per application is based on the age of your baby.
We recommend using gripe water up to six times a day with the following dosages:
- Newborns and Infants two weeks to one month old: ½ teaspoon (2.5 mL)
- Babies one month to six months old: 1 teaspoon (5.0 mL)
- Babies six months and older: 2 teaspoons (10.0 mL)
- Adults: two tablespoons (30 mL)
Side Effects of Gripe Water
Because gripe water is made with safe ingredients, there are likely to be no side effects when using this product. Parents may notice that their babies become sleepy after administering gripe water. This is because babies who have been suffering from colic, extreme discomfort or gas are often exhausted due to the tension. Gripe water offers much-needed relief which will help them get some much-needed rest.
As with any medicine, whether all-natural or otherwise, we recommend consulting with your pediatrician before giving your little one anything.
Frequently Asked Questions
There are many common questions about how to administer gripe water to your infant. We’ve brought those questions together to ensure all your concerns are addressed.
- When should I give gripe water to my baby? – Gripe water can be used any time your baby is experiencing discomfort from gas buildup, and the various issues associated with it. It is advised to administer gripe water 30 minutes after feeding, to give your baby time to digest their last meal.
- How often can you give gripe water? – Mommies can use our gripe water up to six times per day, as needed.
- How fast does gripe water work? – Gripe water starts working very quickly—it takes between five and ten minutes for your baby to feel relief from gas buildup. Now that’s fast relief!
- Do I give gripe water to my baby before or after feeding? – Because each baby has different needs and unique symptoms, there is not a specific time during which it is best to administer gripe water. However, most babies need gripe water after feeding because they can have gas from eating too quickly and gulping in air while feeding. We recommend waiting at least 30 minutes after feeding to administer Mommy’s Bliss Gripe Water
- Can you mix gripe water with formula? – As gripe water is a mild supplement, mixing it with formula will often dilute the solution. It is suggested to give your newborn a dose of gripe water by itself after feeding.
- How do I give my baby gripe water? – You can give your baby gripe water either through a dropper, or in an empty bottle.
- Can I use gripe water with baby gas relief drops? – Yes! Using gripe water with gas relief drops is completely safe.
Wrapping It All Up
Simply put, gripe water is a great way to ease your newborn’s stomach discomfort. As a mild herbal supplement, it is a safe way to relieve your baby of discomfort from hiccups, colic, and upset tummy—anything related to gas buildup.
Mommy’s Bliss Gripe Water is tested and approved by mothers and pediatricians. Our gripe water is also the number one selling natural supplement for relief of colic symptoms.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]