Mommy (and Daddy) knows best…When your little one is feeling less than perfect, you feel it too. When they hurt, the whole family hurts which is where these tips were born. Because the sooner they feel better, we all feel better. So, grab some patience, pull up baby’s coziest blanket and favorite book (Green Eggs and Ham works in a pinch), and read on…
Hot Turmeric Milk
- 1 cup cow or plant-based milk (coconut or almond milk for example)
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp raw cacao powder
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp coconut oil (for better absorption)
- 1 pinch of freshly ground pepper
- ½ tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 to 1 ½ tsp raw honey added off the heat
- In a saucepan, heat the milk, spices, coconut oil and vanilla extract (if using) over medium heat.
- Simmer – do not boil – for about 10 minutes.
- Add honey off the heat.
- Allow to cool before serving…makes enough to share!
Sick Kid Toolkit
Doing What You Need to Do
You Got This
This site is intended for informational purposes only and does not provide medical advice. Please consult your physician or other health-care professional.